Monday, September 15, 2008

Helpful Hints

OK...last time I posted back around Labor Day, I promised more Helpful Hints! Well, it's taken me awhile to get back to posting, so decided I'd add more than just one! You may already know all of these, but they sure helped me along the way. I hope they can help someone out there!

First, a thimble makes a great bead scoop! Who knew?


Second, I keep my leftover beads in a jar & use them in my beaded zen bracelets. I have all sorts of jars from tiny condiment size for Delicas, to larger crystal cruets that sparkle in the sun!




This next one I think I remember getting out of an old bead magazine. It has to be at least 15 years old 'cuz I don't think I've worn lipstick much in that time! The lipstick case is just the right size to hold bobbins of beading thread. Where the mirror is, some people would put a magnet to hold their needles. I left the mirror where it was & just used some foamy stuff to hold my needles. This is good for travelling to go with your tins if you need different color threads.




And last, but not least, I don't like counting, so am always trying to figure out an easier way to follow the charts I make. Here I used a bit of double stick tape to hold a copy of the pattern down to the tin's lid, then I cut a piece of strip magnet to hold my place on the chart. This works great for small patterns like my Pockets. I left the release paper on it so it wouldn't grab my needle or scissors when I travel. (Note: the pattern I'm working on here is one I adapted from a piece of old filet crochet that my Italian Grandma did long ago!)





Hope a hint or two helps you!
Warmest aloha!

No comments: