Friday, November 16, 2007

November's BJP Progress In Spite of No Nails!!!

OK...even tho' I had no fingernails, & had to use my tweezer thingy, I did make some progress. Here I first added a row of black all around with long bugles around her head. As I added more colors, she kinda started to remind me of Guadalupe, or a goddess...the more I worked on her, the more she seemed to shine!


There's just a little problem...my goddess has a big old hole in her head! Not sure what I'm gonna do about it, but have some ideas brewing.



So here's a couple of pics of her so far.

In spite of the nail issue, I am really loving her!

7 comments:

vivage said...

Love it, love the pieces and LOL, having a hole in the head of a piece makes me crazy sometimes.

Sometimes I leave it, sometimes I bead a bezel around it.

I laughed out loud about losing your fingernails, I have long ones too and when they break it takes days for me to get used to having bald fingertips.

CC said...

Ha! Vivage! I barely got it posted & there you were with some words of comfort! :) And I love the term "bald fingertips"! That's great!
Warmest aloha!
CC

abeadlady said...

It's looking wonderful! Not a clue what to do about the hole though. LOL.
I have that same piece and haven't figured out what to do with her yet. I fell in love with her faces several years ago.

Arline

pam T said...

Love this piece.... love the goddess, hole in the head or not! can't wait to see her done...

Acey said...

I see the guadalupe similarities! Am using a guadalupe milagro as a focal point this month, too.

Timaree said...

If the hole goes all the way through you could use it to attach a crown of ? onto her head. It really looks nice so far. And it's kind of neat to know her background is a hidden turkey tail!

KV said...

This is looking terrific, CC! Bet you find something wonderful for those holes. But even if you don't, she will be beautiful.

Kathy V in NM