Friday, July 10, 2009

More Hearts!

I am So enjoying making these lavender filled hearts! Since I'm packing up most of my studio, I'm only leaving out bits of things to work with...a special pal gave me the trim on the purple heart below! She wondered what I'd end up doing with it! :) Well, this is one little part of it. I'm using extra bits of beads, sequins, stamped fabric, etc to embellish them with. And then the wonderful smell of lavender fills the room as I fill the hearts. MMMMmmmmm..
Here's another one I made & just finished yesterday at craft day at one of my pal's home. I'd already done most of the embellishing & just had to embroider it together & fill it. If you click on the image on the right, you may be able to see all the tiny seed beads I sewed along the edge of the lace trim. So relaxing! And upcycling of little bits of ephemera! FUN!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I LOVE your hearts, CC!!! What a fabulous idea for when you're on the move and have no studio!!! Hope the move goes smoothly... R.

CC said...

Thanks, Robin! I'm believing & visualizing it every day! Glad you like the hearts too!
Warmest aloha!