Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Series - "Oneness"

I forgot! There is one project I can share with you. My pal in Hawaii, the one I used to craft with in the neighborhood, and I, were trying to think how we could continue to play together. I had all sorts of ideas, but she came up with the idea of "Oneness", which is something we both are really interested in. And she's into colors for each month, so January is Violet. So I got an idea right away. Below you can see I've gotten my color wheel out & am deciding on what to put in the design.
And below you can see some of the items I've chosen to use in my piece. I may change some, & decided I needed some new acrylics, but this will definitely be a mixed media piece! I'm even using an old pendant I've hoarded forever! Paint, yarns, beads, sequins from a pal in Malaysia, floss...I can't wait to get started!
(If you click on the pic, it will enlarge so you can see my hoarded piece better!)

2 comments:

beadingprincess said...

looks like you have it together. I bet it will be gorgeous! And it never hurts to let the stew simmer a bit! Have fun on your trip to visit family and enjoy your time with them!

CC said...

Thanks, sweetie! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but reading my blog, you know why!
I guess moodling does help! :)
Hugs,
CC