Friday, March 6, 2009

Crochet Stitches

CROCHET!!!
Oh, how I love it! I've been doing it since before I can remember. My first memory of it was sitting on my Grandma's kitchen floor with tiny size 30 thread & a small hook. She kept me busy making chain...and more chain...and more chain!!! So now it comes to me like 2nd nature. But over the years I've only used the basic stitches she taught me, & some that I learned 30 years ago. Recently I decided to take a ball of yarn & try some new stitches. It was fun! It's amazing all the different ways it can look! Even like knitting! I think I'll be doing more of it!

2 comments:

Jody said...

me to, I've been crocheting for about 52 years...yikes...don't much anymore my wrist gets toooo sore.

CC said...

Have you tried those crochet hooks with the special handles? They're 'sposed to be better for your wrist!