Friday, September 21, 2007

Minerva


This is a personal piece I'm working on for my home altar. Minerva is the Italian goddess of arts & crafts. There's so much evidence of her in Italy...Christian churches on top of her temples...I just felt like I wanted to remember her. And her helper, the owl...which is our family "totem". (It's called something else in Italian, but figured everyone might understand "totem" better.) There's more to her story & mine, but that's all I'm gonna blog about it! :) Except to say sorry for the hard to see pics, but it's been a busy week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha CC,
Robin told me there was someone from Kauai on the Bead Journal Project. I'm not doing that, but I'd sure like to meet you sometime - maybe play beads and dolls together. I live Kilauea side, a world away from Kekaha, but I do drive!
Daily... sigh. I spend more time driving than beading. It should be the other way around. Don't see your email addie on your blog, but you could write me at pegnard@hawaii.rr.com.