Saturday, April 25, 2009

On the Home Front

So, Farmer Ron has been busy with his garden. He hadn't been able to grow cucumbers here 'cuz the bugs on the ground got 'em. But, he planted them to climb up the sunflowers & TADA! It worked!!! So here's one of our first cukes & a little tomato to go with it! The cuke was so good on crackers with a little melted Swiss cheese on it! Yummm...
Now, just so you don't think all we eat are greens, here's a pic of some ham-barley soup he made for me when I wasn't feeling well. I think the barley really helped! And he made some fresh cornbread to go with it! Yummmy!
P.S. Someone asked me what my DH & our home garden have to do with art...well, besides the fact it helps feed the artist, it gives me a chance to work on my photography & editing! :)

No comments: